We are looking for a Master student who would like to join the project "Molecular Astrophysics Laboratory: Star-Forming Regions in the Outer Galaxy". The project is carried out within the First TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The aim of the project is to characterize gas and dust properties of star-forming regions in the Outer Galaxy using state-of-the-art telescopes operated by NASA, ESO, and ESA. We aim to create a ‘template' to interpret emission from star-forming regions in more distant, younger galaxies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Data reduction, analysis and interpretation of astronomical data from radiotelescopes
- Active collaboration within a group of young, dedicated students and researchers in Torun and an extended network of collaborators abroad
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- Bachelor-level degree in astronomy
- Good level of written and spoken English
- At least basic programming skills
- Willingness to work in a diverse, international environment, committed to high quality and ethical standards
- CV including a list of publications (if any) and prior projects and achievements
- Cover letter outlining research interests and motivation to join the project
- A copy of higher education diploma
- One letter of recommendation
- MSc stipend of 1500 PLN / month for one year.
- Access to astronomical data from top observing facilities
- Work in a young, developing research team well-connected to international partners from EU and USA
Please submit the following documents to: Dr Agata Karska, email@example.com
Application deadline: September 25, 2020
More details: JOB OFFER